Rain Check Workshops
Philadelphia Water and the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) offer free Rain Check Workshops in Center City and neighborhoods throughout Philadelphia.
Attending a Workshop
In order to receive your stormwater tool at a reduced cost, we ask Philadelphia residents to attend a workshop. To sign up for a workshop, visit our sign-up page. Workshops are one hour long plus time for questions. During the workshop we cover important topics including:
Think about your property and read about the stormwater tools before you come to the workshop. After you attend a workshop and decide what tool you want to install, we can connect you with a contractor or provide more information through a personalized assessment.
Hosting a Workshop
PWD & PHS partner with civic associations and community groups throughout Philadelphia to host Rain Check Workshops. Below are our criteria for hosting a workshop.
- All Rain Check workshops must be open to the public. We do not offer private workshops restricted to one civic group or neighborhood.
- You are willing to help advertise the workshop in your community.
- You can provide a venue large enough to host 50 – 100 people.
- You can ensure that a minimum of 30 people register for a workshop
- Your venue is available for early evening workshops (usually 6:00 – 7:00 pm).
- Venues with a parking lot or on-street parking are preferred.
All workshops are arranged through PHS. To schedule a workshop in your community, please contact Rosemary Howard at RainCheck@Pennhort.org or (215) 988-8767
*We cannot guarantee that every workshop request will result in us scheduling a workshop but we will try our best to either schedule a workshop or combine interested groups to form a workshop in your area.