Thank you for your interest in the Soak It Up Adoption Program! Please review the eligibility requirements and program responsibilities below to see if your organization is eligible to participate.
All organizations applying to the program must have PWD constructed green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) within the boundaries of their represented area. Special consideration will be made for those groups where infrastructure is currently under construction or was constructed in conjunction with PWD.
To participate in the Soak It Up Adoption Program, all adoptees are required to do the following:
- Participate in a training session and site tour with representatives from Philadelphia Water (PWD) & Pennsylvania Environmental Council (PEC).
- Communicate with PWD and PEC as needed in person, over the phone and via e-mail.
- Maintain each of their adopted green infrastructure sites a minimum of once a week.
- Submit a reporting form for each of the sites being maintained after you’ve performed weekly maintenance.
- Submit a photo of each of your adoption sites once per quarter.
- Submit a quarterly budget report detailing how your organization is utilizing the grant to support your adopted sites.
- Communicate regularly with PWD & PEC about your adopted sites as well as any questions or problems you may experience.
- Assist PWD with public engagement about your adopted infrastructure.
If your organization meets the above criteria and is able to perform the responsibilities listed, please Click Here to complete an application.